Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 27, 2012

Sorry I loved you

When you made me love you
I was fooled
but the masquarade you played
with my heart
Like a child getting candy on Halloween
You stole my heart
from the corner of my eye;
seeing but not really believing

When I fell into your arms
and you made me a promise
Promise of happiness, joy, lust
Under a spell, I believed you
In my weakest moment
My heart fell to your feet

Suddenly like the shadows
I faded to your background
Taking the backseat at the cinema
While you took the front
I was alone
Still blinded by your words
I laughed like you were beside me
Hugged the pillow like it was you

I never wanted to be the doormat
So I tircked my heart
I was a sheep skin rug
That sat infront of the door
To greet you home
When I got dirty
No one washed me
No one picked me up

Every time I open my eyes
And the sun is shining bright
You lay next to me
Asleep as if we were happy
As if you loved me
As soon as you wake up
You ask for a kiss
Like nothing happened yesterday
Like I wasn't crying myself to sleep

We sit and talk
You don't say a word
While I pour my heart out
And you fiddle with your hair
Like I didn't exist
When I finish
You lite your cigg
And say "sorry"
Effortless like you didn't mean it
And you go on and say
'I love you'

What if I took all the words away
Would you still love me without saying it
I'm fading into the dark while you live in my light
I'm standing across the hall
but you dont see me
 You blame it all on me
the only thing I could ever say is
"I'm sorry that I loved you"

No comments:

Post a Comment