Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 6, 2009

happy birthday mommy. i love you.

Mom's birthday today (5 August). Had dinner with mom and brothers and friends after a long time of not sitting on the same table having dinner. Felt awesome. Had nice dinner at some Thai restaurant which I can't really pronounce the name. Had some green curry chicken. And butter prawn. Sweet and sour chicken. And vegetables. Not much actually. But super full. Just more like a gathering. Looking at my mom thinking to myself. Few years from now I'm moving out and how I'm going to miss her so much. Thinking about all the times I fought with her and didn't listen to hear just made me feel really sad. She has done everything for me from the day I was born to every second that goes by right now. From washing clothes to cooking to feeding me. I wish I could be a better daughter. Looking at things now, my brothers and I are growing up and parents growing old. All part of life's cycle and it's so sad but life goes on. I love my mommy so much but I just don't know how to express it. She's been the pillar in this family keeping us all together. She's been a father figure as well as a mother figure. She did everything. Happy Birthday mom. May you look stunning as you are now for more time to come.

"Mom,
You been my light
You been my everything
But as I grow older I depend less on you

Remember
When you would put ribbons in my hair
And we'd play dress up
You protected me from the storm
Kept me safe and warm

I know as i grow older
The spaces between us grow further
Times will change
And everyone one day leaves

For every tear you shed
I wish I could have made it go away
For all the times you cried
Cause you were happy
And smiled while you were sad
Just so we wouldn't worry

You stood tall
When we fell apart
You did everything
But you didn't feel wanted
I know I failed
To keep you happy
But mommy
I really do love you
from the bottom of my heart
Even though I know
I don't know how to show it.
From your only daughter."

No comments:

Post a Comment